Business SMS and push notifications are both great methods for communicating with an engaged customer base. There’s no questioning that the mobile device is the most effective way to reach your audience in real time. Your customers are mobile and each have a different preference, it’s important for marketers to choose the right communication platform.
Not all companies require an app, this is why SMS is the best means of communication when trying to engage with your target audience in real time. With a 97% open rate SMS will always come out on top over push notifications.
In this blog post, we will compare business SMS as a communication platform VS a business app and push notifications.
- An SMS is sent to your customers through a mobile network, no internet connection is required. Push notifications are sent through an app to a user’s smartphone where an internet connection is required.
- Sending an SMS to all of your customers is more effective than sending a push notification via a business app. An SMS can be sent to all mobile devices new and old. A push notification requires a smartphone and not all of your customers will own a smartphone or download your business app.
- An SMS will always save to your customers mobile phone, allowing them to read it again and again. A push notification will disappear as soon as the customer dismisses it, sometimes without it even been read.
- Business SMS allows you to drive continuous customer engagement with your brand, offering promotions, reminders, updates just to name a few. Push notifications are mostly used to alert users of updates to your business app or to try and get your customers to engage with your app again.
- Business SMS is a permission based means of communication, your customers need to give their consent and opt-in if they wish to hear from your business. A push notification requires no opt-in or consent to send a user a notification, by downloading your business app they’ve essentially opted-in.
- In-App advertising is used by some brands, this will not suit particular customers and they will get frustrated by this and opt-out or delete your business app. An SMS is personal and will only advertise what message your business wants to promote to your customers.
- Business SMS is cost effective and will not require additional software development for your business. A business app needs to be developed, this can cost a fortune and updates will be needed on a regular basis.
To find out more regarding SMS for your business contact MessageMedia today on 1800 009 767 or visit www.messagemedia.com.au