SMS API for Australian Business
Reliable, scalable and customisable, SMS API’s provide a simple and powerful way to allow developers to connect to an SMS gateway. The API means you can SMS-enable any application, website or system and send or receive messages around the globe via a range of connection options.
Add SMS messaging to your software today. Start with simple Email to SMS or Secure FTP, integrate directly using powerful SDKs and APIs, or get all the power and flexibility of SMPP. The choice is yours.
Find sample code in your language
Choose your preferred SMS API, be it SOAP, PHP, .NET, Java or SMPP. Each one is supported with SDKs, sample code, reusable libraries, extensive documentation and expert technical assistance. Set up fast, secure FTP or SMPP in a flash.
We will provide sample code so you can connect to a SOAP API and get up and running on Windows, Linux/Unix or Mac in your preferred language. Samples are available on GitHub in C#, Java, PHP, Bash & Python.
And the API also gives you the flexibility to integrate with other languages such as C++, Perl, Ruby, Node.js, VBScript or Powershell.
Don’t see your language or environment? No problem. Call us, and we’ll get applications talking.
Key features of MessageMedia API’s
- Two-way Messaging: Send messages to any network and receive replies back to your application (not applicable if using an alpha tag).
- Message Tagging: A unique feature of two-way messaging which tells your application exactly which outbound message corresponds to a given reply (important for transactional messaging applications).
- Dedicated Inbound Numbers: Provides your application with the ability to receive Mobile Originated SMS (also known as MO SMS or Incoming SMS). This enables your customers or workforce to send a message to a number that your application can respond to.
- Delivery Reporting: Enables tracking of messages, showing your application the exact time that each message you send is delivered on the handset. This provides your application with an audit trail and enables escalation in the event of non-delivery.
- Control of Validity Period: Allows you to specify exactly how long an outbound message will be valid on the mobile network. Once sent, the mobile network will continue to attempt delivery until the validity period expires.
- API Web Push: Facilitates real-time delivery of inbound SMS direct to a URL, as opposed to ‘polling’, where messages are queued and then disseminated on request. This functionality is ideal for organisations that need replies from mobile staff or customers, delivered instantly.
View and access our retired API documentation. Note these APIs are retired and no longer supported.