SMS Marketing Solutions
SMS text messaging is the most widely used data application in the world; and the mobile channel is an integral part of the marketing media mix.
SMS marketing in Australia
SMS is still a relatively uncluttered and spam-free marketing channel in Australia. It’s also the one form of communication that many people are tethered to 24/7. At a time when in-boxes are filled with hundreds of never-opened e-mail messages from direct marketers, 97 percent of all SMS marketing messages are opened (and 83 percent are opened within one hour).
- Companies can offer “spot” deals to customers, as messages are sent in and are delivered within 4-20 seconds
- SMS text messaging is highly interactive and can be used to prompt customers to vote, complete questionnaires or participate in research surveys – with good results
- SMS marketing is a good alternative for gathering user data, this knowledge can be applied to advertising campaigns to support making changes or adjustments
SMS marketing out performs email!
Click through rates (CTR) are a great measurement tool. See how SMS marketing measures up:
- The average CTR for text messaging is 14.06%, with an average conversion rate of 8.22%
- E-mail has an average CTR of 6.64% and an average conversion rate of about 1.73%
- Internet display ads don’t even hit the radar with an average CTR of 0.76% and an average conversion rate of 4.43%
A well-executed SMS marketing campaign can achieve great results. Learn from the MessageMedia customers as they share their SMS direct marketing experience.
For practical tips and advice on implementing your next promotional campaign using SMS, read our case study on Marketing with SMS.