Use Cases in SMS education solutions
Impact absenteeism and improve student / parents communication
SMS for education is a timely and personal way to communicate with students, parents, teachers and lecturers along with other staff and contacts.
“Since we introduced SMS notifications to alert parents and guardians of unexplained absence from class, we have reported a reduction in truancy of more than 50 per cent.”
Lynton Oaten, Principal, Hawthorn Secondary College
At MessageMedia, we provide SMS education solutions to a wide variety of institutions and training providers including public and private schools, universities, learning centres, TAFEs and other training organisations.
Parent/guardian alerts and communication
- Send real-time emergency text message alerts to entire school community or select individuals through our reliable, 100% uptime SMS Gateway guarantee
- Send enrollment payment information and due dates
- Improve student punctuality and monitor student welfare
- Provide updates on student progress and performance
- SMS is a fast, simple and cost-effective way to alert parents or guardians to truancy, helping prevent casual truancy from becoming a habit.
- Messages are delivered seconds after they are sent, providing a real-time early notification message service
- Links to existing school attendance systems
- Communicate updates regarding class information, events, venue changes or exam timetables.
- Bulk SMS broadcasts reach large groups instantaneously for emergency notifications and other alerts
SMS is by far the most cost-effective method of contacting staff and students for ad-hoc or periodic communications. SMS is less expensive than phoning or mailing and more effective than sending email.
Contact our SMS education experts today, and we’ll help you impact absenteeism and improve student welfare with an SMS education solution tailored for your needs.
Read our latest blog posts on SMS in Education: