Case Studies in SMS Logistics Solutions
SMS solutions for transport and logistics
SMS is a simple and cost effective way for transport and logistics providers to communicate with customers, drivers and other contacts. MessageMedia provides SMS solutions for a range of transport providers, as well as related service providers including warehouses, stevedores and taxi companies.
Our transport and freight customers use SMS for everything from appointment reminders to rostering (and a whole lot more in between). We’re helping them drive down costs, improve productivity and lift customer service standards.
SMS messages can ensure vehicles turn up when they are meant to. Appointment and service reminders can be confirmed with two-way messaging, streamlining your communication. An SMS solution can be integrated into your software applications with an API, or you can get started right now with our standalone Web to SMS system.
SMS can help improve warehouse management and order notifications. It’s great for logistics as you can send out automated pick-up and delivery notifications and make sure someone’s there to receive or ship the goods.
We have customers that now send SMS to drivers instead of calling. It’s much clearer for the drivers, they get all the info they need on the SMS instead of having to write it down. And the operations team spends less time on the phone, delivering improved productivity and reduced costs.
Communicate with customers
- Keep customers informed of order status and delivery schedules via SMS
- SMS is ideal for invoice payment reminders
- Use proactive text messaging to reduce inbound telephone enquiries
Communicate with staff
- Use SMS for staff rostering and assigning jobs to drivers
- Send staff updates such as changes to meeting times via SMS
- Integrate SMS into inventory management systems
- Inform customers of inventory shortages and back order deliveries
- Use SMS to send critical event notifications including order delays or system failures
- SMS will reduce your outbound call costs
- Mobile staff can use SMS to send information to the office, which is cheaper than making a phone call
Our customer MessageMedia Eckersley Case Study and their customers are very happy with the service.
Experience our free trial today and see for yourself, the power of MessageMedia’s sms services.