Apple Business Chat Coming Soon to MessageMedia
Author: Mike De Cambra, MessageMedia
We are excited to announce that MessageMedia will soon be integrating with Apple Business Chat. With our Apple Business Chat integration, businesses will be able to connect with their customers instantly, and within a richer, on-brand experience.
If you haven’t heard of Apple Business Chat, here’s the top 6 things you need to know:
- Apple Business Chat will allow businesses to communicate directly with their customers using iOS devices that support the recently released iOS 11.3
- A line of communication can be opened by simply searching for the business in Maps, Safari, Search or Siri on iPhone and iPad and can be continued on Mac and Apple Watch
- Businesses can offer products and services, and customers are able to pay with Apple Pay, without leaving the conversation or pivoting to a companion app or website
- Your brand can adopt an informal conversation with customers using a chat dialogue that picks up exactly where it left off regardless of the time between interactions.
- Leaving your Apple Business Chat window open could allow the business to let you know when the item you enquired about is on sale
- Apple Business Chat will be available in our developers portal to integrate into customer service and sales applications soon!
Apple Business Chat will make it easier for customers to communicate with businesses while out and about, at their desks or simply lounging around on the couch. Instead of searching for the nearest location, this direct line of communication can help customers make appointments or check if an item is in stock without waiting in telephone queues or wandering around trying to find a shop front.
Apple Business Chat’s unique integration with iOS devices makes it easy for customers to locate your business and start (or continue) a conversation with a single tap.
The added benefit of in app purchases with Apple Pay allows customers to complete the transaction on the spot, saving them valuable time and reducing the risk of purchasing from a competitor.
We are especially excited to see what our developers will do with Apple Business Chat to make it an even more valuable, richer communication channel. Keep an eye out for our early access program if you’re already part of our developer community or join today.